Locate Issues Before A Major Component Fails
DeRock can help locate these and other potential trouble spots using thermal imaging combined with our extensive experience with electrical and mechanical systems
- Lugs or connections that need maintenance
- Disconnects that are heating abnormally
- Motors and bearings that are running warm
- Feeder overloads or phase imbalances
- Transformers that are overheating
Prolonged exposure to heat can lead to premature failure in your electrical system.
- Fuse clips can anneal, losing their characteristics when they are heated to just 220° F
- Transformers can lose ¾ of their run life when operated 36° F over their designed temperature
- Motors can lose ½ of their run life when operated 18° F over their designed temperature
- An instantaneous picture of heat loss allows a quick assessment of defects
- Quick Inspection – rapid scanning of larger areas
- Non-invasive procedure
- Results are easily shown visually
- Can be used to show efficiency of heating and cooling installations
- Improve design detailing
This picture shows a hot spot on a 200 AMP panel. This was taken during a “normal” operating day. The image helps us quickly identify a high resistance connection that should be investigated.
If you’d like to see how your equipment is operating, please contact DeRock Electric at 717.258.4346 for a thermography estimate
Let DeRock help you proactively perform maintenance, repairs, and replacements so that you can prevent failures before they ever have the chance to occur.
For more information, or an evaluation of your equipment, call 717.258.4346